Sunday, December 2, 2007

Getting Started

Thanks Parrish.

I was on the court last night in Smyrna, GA and bumped in to an old acquaintance of mine and we caught up on a variety of things related to tennis. Parrish let me know how he played a USTA Challenger event, looking for his first ATP points, and how great the experience was about being on the court when the chair umpire stated during introductions, "To the left of the chair from the United States . . . "

Later in the discussion he started talking about a new blog that he started. I thought to myself, "that's pretty cool and blogging is such an easy thing to do." The more I thought about Parrish's blog, the more I started thinking about doing my own blog. Tennis has given me so many incredible experiences in my life and I have met so many great and interesting people through the years and I thought to myself last night that it might be cool to put those experiences out there and share them with others, as it may help get other people thinking and talking about the things that I am seeing first hand through the places I visit and the people I meet.

So I will use this blog to start a dialog about my experiences through tennis and how they carry over into other parts of my life. I always think to myself how lucky I am that I take part in the tennis culture because the game has given so much to me for more than 30 years of my life. In order to get others excited about what tennis can be in their life I'd like to share my experiences here as I have been hangin' around the court for years there are just so many stories to tell. And I am reminded all the time that the tennis world is really a small place and you cross paths with people time and time again. Tennis is more than a game. As my friend Janet from the Coan Tennis Association reminded me, "Tennis is a lifestyle." I love being part of it.

Time.

No comments: