Saturday, November 16, 2013

UNC Wilmington Seahawk Invitational, November 1-2 - Wilmington, NC


I was in Wilmington, NC for the Halloween weekend to visit my family and while I was there I was able to catch two days of the UNC Wilmington Seahawk Invitational. It was a four team affair as UNCW was joined by Richmond, Tulane and Davidson. This was the first time my cousin had ever attended a college tennis match and he told me he really enjoyed seeing the action.

From the UNCW tennis site - The UNCW men’s tennis team went undefeated in singles on the final day of the Seahawk Invitational to close out the three-day event with a combined 30-3 record. The Seahawks finished with a 19-3 singles mark and unblemished 11-0 doubles scorecard in their fifth and final appearance of the fall season.


Not the best site for taking photos, with the fence in the way. Here, Tulane and Davidson players get ready for a match.


Tulane players watching the action.


The UNCW tennis teams have earned some recognition.


Setting up for a backhand.


What would a trip to the Carolina coast be without a visit to the beach. In fact I was at the beach every day of my visit. This is the Oceanic Pier on Wrightsville Beach.


View of Wrightsville Beach the morning of November 1.


Seashells by the seashore. Please say that ten times fast.


A colorful group of shells.

No comments: